A few things we have learned:
God sold our home
Our house went on the market Feb 21, an offer was made to buy it March 21 and the closing went smoothly, with pretty much no effort on our part on April 28. Very surprising to us, especially in the buyers market when our subdivision had about 12 other houses on the market, too. Oh, and it really helps to have a great realtor, and a discounted one at that!
The home that God sold!
There really are beautiful homes in Barre and we can live in 750 square feet
No surprise that we moved into our apartment, sight unseen. Well, here it is... 750 square feet, 2 BR, 1 Bath at the top of a really pothole filled road. However, I do know there are some really nice places around here with beautiful views! I have travelled to a few of those while visiting patients. I've only gotten lost about 5 times in the last two weeks!
You can travel by air to Texas and not bring back the swine flu
I didn't post last weekend because I was headed to San Antonio, Texas, for the Oncology Nursing Society Congress. I had a great time learning, eating at really nice restaurants courtesy of pharmaceutical companies, and catching up with some NC and VA friends.
The Alamo
We love Duke
The best part of my trip is that most of the money I spent will be reimbursed! I submitted an abstract for a poster presentation that was accepted for display at ONS. Duke has an education stipend that thankfully wasn't totally cut this year!!
The poster
We love the babysitter and the friends Nathanael has made
Our friends, the Cambios, had us over for dinner a few weeks ago... homemade pizza! It was great. These are their kids: Christopher, Nico, Misha and Naomi. They introduced us to Nathanael's babysitter, Dawn. On Wednesday when Brian went to pick him up, he cried for quite some time because he did not want to leave. What a blessing!! We are all planning to go to NH to celebrate the boys' birthdays and ride on the real Thomas!! It's going to be a total surprise for Nathanael!
Preaching to the chairs really helps
Brian preached his first sermon here two weeks ago. I think the pressure of being taped and replayed on Public Television made him want to make the presentation even better. We spent the Sat night before he preached at the church until almost 10pm listening to Brian preach to the chairs! Nathanael got a bit restless during the second go-round, but it really helped Daddy! He preaches again this week. I don't think we'll have to listen along with the chairs this time...
Nathanael after Daddy's sermon
Having missionary friends when you are headed that way is essential
We have met some dear friends who are missionaries through NAMB here, Dwain and Sarah Killough. They are Texans who have been here in Vermont just over a year. They have taken to Nathanael, and he to them, which is an answer to our prayers. They are also full of godly wisdom in so many different areas!
Mrs. Killough and Nathanael
We will be meeting with a family who'd like to be part of a church plant in Vermont next Sunday. The following weekend (May 22-23) we will be traveling to Maine to be assessed by the NAMB to be approved as church planters. Thank you for prayers!!
Tire Swing

Hello,
ReplyDeleteI love this video. Nathanael's laugh is music to my ears. He makes me laugh!!!! You all seem to have made this adjustment very well. I am thankful. I am glad Nathanael is enjoying the babysitters and all of his new friends. Give him a lot of hugs and kisses from me. Gary says hello and he is glad ya'll are doing well.
We have skype set up so hope we can visit soon.
Love you and miss you,
Gary and Debbie