Monday, April 13, 2009

Goodnight post

It’s now Monday night and we finally have internet access in our 750 square foot humble appearing apartment (promise I’ll take pictures later).  We had a wonderful Easter weekend here in Barre: A service Friday night at the church (we even sang hymns!) with communion; breakfast and four baptisms on Sunday morning, followed by lunch with some friends here!  I learned a bit about the boldness of “Vermonters” and am sure I will be much better at responding to them after I am around it a bit longer.  It did show us however the children’s ministry needs, and it begins with the nursery.  Brian will go to his new office tomorrow to begin work and will be preaching his first sermon here in two weeks.  We got our Vermont driver’s licenses today as well as our car plates and gave up quite a bit of money to the state government to do so!  We did notice, though, some tulips coming up at the Capitol Building in Montpelier, had our first maple creemee and bought some real Vermont maple syrup at Bragg’s Farm.  Tomorrow, I’m going to the Barre library with Nathanael and a friend from church for story-time and meeting a potential babysitter, too! 

Prayer Requests:

Making wise decisions regarding ministry

Sermon preparation for Brian

Babysitter for Nathanael



Looking into our living/kitchen/instrument/entertainment area

Nathanael with his knocked over Easter basket

Montpelier State Capitol Building


This is Nathanael's version of Jesus Loves Me.  

Mommy and Daddy singing while he fills in the blanks!

The Bible tells me so!!


4 comments:

  1. Hey Conyers!
    I am sooooo happy to read this! I have been checking it every day.
    Thank you for all of the details and I am even more thankful for the love you all are already receiving from your church family in VT!
    Know you are being prayed for and thought of as the days go by. Hug Nathaniel and send NC greetings.
    Love you,
    Kim (&Jay)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my Conyers family,
    I miss you guys soooooo much and listening to Nathanael sing made me cry.
    I am thankful for all that God is doing in your lives and just how He is revealing His faithfulness to you.
    Please give Nathanael a hug and kiss from me and Gary and know that we are praying for your needs and specifically for a baby sitter. I love you all very much. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited y'all made it ok, and are getting settled in. I was sad to have missed y'all on your last Sunday. Glad you have a blog, so I can keep up with how y'all are doing. We will be praying for you!
    Love, Tracy Chatraw

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thankful for all the good news and the updates from Vt. We too are grateful for the bros and sisters in Vermont that are ministering to you. Thanks for the pictures. It gives us a mental picture as we pray and provides greater insight as you might imagine. We love you all dearly and praise God that He saw fit to bring you into our lives. In Christ, The Rice Family

    ReplyDelete